International Water Resources Certificate

The GPHS administers a graduate certificate program called "International Water Resources." The purpose of this certificate is to provide specialized professional training in a relatively brief time frame and to provide a curriculum that is focused more on developing applied knowledge in water resources. To complete the certificate program, a student must successfully complete 12 graduate credits (6 credits of coursework and 6 credits of independent study) and write a report describing an applied field project. Students are expected to complete all certificate requirements within one academic year of admission.

Application process, requirements, and admissions: A baccalaureate degree is required to be considered for the certificate program and applicants must meet UNR admission requirements (see Applicants who are not current UNR students need to complete the Grad Special application to UNR and notify the GPHS Director for the certificate program (Dr. Alexandra Lutz, of their intent to complete the certificate program. For international students, in addition to meeting UNR requirements for international graduate students (see, the student's host organization must provide written consent approving the leave of absence for the student and the applied field project the student will complete. Students already enrolled as graduate students at UNR can add the certificate as long as they meet the minimum requirements for admission to the graduate school and the requirements for maintaining regular graduate student status. Such students must apply to the certificate program by notifying the GPHS Director for the certificate program (Dr. Alexandra Lutz,

Completion of certificate: When students who have been admitted to the certificate program have completed the certificate requirements (6 credits of coursework, 6 credits of independent study, and completion of written report), the GPHS Director for the certificate program will notify the registrar's office and the graduate program certificate will be posted to the student's transcript.